- The project will bring together 6 partners from 6 different countries (UK, CY, IT, SI, LT, IS) wishing to strengthen youth digital entrepreneurship. The main activities of the project are:
- To make national groups of experts in the LOD management for cultural activities, involving young people in order to improve and develop their digital skills concerning IT skills and data management. The experts groups will be trained through pilot courses that will test and explore open data experiments at national level improving the curriculum of young adults for the management of the LOD in the field of cultural activities. The curriculum aims to promote educational and professional mobility, starting in the countries Partners and then the disseminate the impact in other countries too.
- To explore museum activities, libraries and archives or other pilot projects for empowering youth in management of cultural experiences also implemented through LOD, with the set up of thematic cultural digital skills and tools. The activities will involve groups of young people, invited to set up specific digital and cultural competences. The activities will start during the project and will be structurally embedded into the cultural institutions and programmes triggering benchmarking processes.
- Implementation and open data organisation processes and development of cultural awareness in different sectors. For each Partner Country the level of specific intervention area will be identified.
- Development of a European network for youth organizations working in cultural and technology fields for the continuous development of innovation with particular attention to innovation and online cultural and digital services.
- Improving usability and attractiveness of virtual cultural experiences between virtual and physical experience, involving user groups in testing phases. Particular attention will be given to the involvement of schools, arts academies that will proactively participate to the design and implementation of users activities (in particular those one addressing educational and training activities).
Impact on youth:
- Enable understanding of EU culture diversity, needs and values;
- Explore and test their digital skills;
- Acquired tools for cultural needs in local communities;
- Promote personal development, youth entrepreneurship and leadership;
- Enable a full understanding about EU diverse cultures, values and the new digital era ‘Digital Europe’;
Impact at national and EU level:
- Increased ICT skills and knowledge of young people;
- Raise awareness about cultural needs of local communities through awareness of needed cultural and digital skills and qualifications gained through their participation in the developed of ICT trainings and courses;
- Facilitated recognition of the online courses, modules and the methodology by formal structures and institutions, depending on the national priorities and commitments;
- Tackle the digital skills gap in Europe coherent and comprehensive support for building up the digital skills needed to support reskilling and upskilling in Europe.
DCD project will manage to develop innovative tools and methodology for young people to improve their digital competences and skills addressing also cultural needs of local communities. The project’s expected results are the following:
– Creation of a Handbook for Digital Cultural Youth Awareness to use in cultural contexts and organizations this will include: examples, practices, experiences, witnesses, storytelling
materials and interviews (IO1)
– Digital Cultural Youth Curriculum (IO2)
• A DCD Transnational School
– The Digital Skills for Culture Online Course of Youth (IO3)
• Pilot Activity for the curricula (one for each Partner Country)
•Validation protocols related to training courses according to the European Credit system for Vocational Education and Training (ECVET) (IO2) (IO3)
– Lab for Digital Cultural Routes and Experiences (IO4)
• Guidelines for digital cultural experiences
– Workshops and 6 multiplier events (UK, CY, IT, SI, LT, IS)
-Focus groups to assure the sustainability of the project outcomes
-Final transnational seminars
-DCD’s Project website which will implement the possibility for the user to join a six-monthly newsletter and to use an advanced multimedia system for the exchange of contents